May 24, 2013 1 Comment
Biblical Discernment Desperately Needed
Our world is full of people who apply the name “Christian” to themselves who have no concept of the Gospel. It is imperative, therefore, for actual believers in the Lord Jesus Christ to A) know the Gospel, B) be aware when false teachers stand up and proclaim a false gospel, and C) call them on it. Consider just the two examples of this from this past week…
- The Pope rejects the idea of repentance and faith in Christ as necessary for salvation.
- An Anglican Bishop preaches that diversity, NOT Jesus, is what saves.
Against ALL Enemies, Foreign AND Domestic
When officers in the United States Army enter the service, they take an oath…
“I, (state your name), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of (state your rank) do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”
Their oath is to defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies — foreign AND domestic. You may be thinking that domestic enemies of the Constitution are rare, and really no threat at all. I disagree. The Constitution is under assault daily…
- The IRS targeted political enemies of the president, attacking their right to free speech — that’s the very FIRST amendment to the Constitution.
- The IRS went so far as to demand pro-life groups reveal to them the “content of their prayers.” That is an attack on another aspect of the very FIRST amendment to the Constitution.
- Ironically, the IRS doesn’t like to be harassed (I find that funny).
- There is an Amish man on trial for selling raw milk to willing customers. Not only is the “crime” ludicrous, the government is railroading him in what appears to be a sham of a trial in direct violation of the sixth amendment.
- After the bombing of the Boston Marathon, the citizens of that area were subjected to marshal law and forced from their homes while their homes were searched without warrants in direct violation of the fourth amendment.
- The federal government of the United States appears to be bent on banning guns from private ownership in direct violation of the second amendment.
- And, when direct attempts to ban guns failed in the legislature, many government officials decided to attempt to make it illegal for anyone who has a mental illness to possess a gun. But, they get to decide who is and is not “mentally ill.” Their evaluation? Pretty much everyone is.
Memorial Day is upon us. We will all likely hear that it is fitting for us to honor those who “fought for our freedoms.” It is true that many have fought for America’s freedom in the past. But, if the military wants to continue to enjoy the distinction of being the ones who “fight for freedom” perhaps they need to know that the greatest threat to our freedom is not from some other country — it’s from Washington, D.C.
And I’m not the only one who thinks so. Judge Andrew Napolitano thinks…